Beauty & Fashion Follower

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Editorial Final Shoot

Reflecting on my final editorial look


On Wednesday 28th November, I completed my final look for my editorial design. I felt nervous about doing the shoot and didn't feel 100% confident. This was something I wasn't used to, as I felt that for all my previous shoots I was confident and prepared. So this was a learning experience for me. Below I have listed a step by step guide for creating my hair and make-up looks.


I began by focusing on the make-up:

- First I applied white foundation all over the face.
- Then, using a black eyeliner I drew two equal sized circles around the eyes (including the eyebrows) and then coloured them in using Turquoise Supra colour.
- I then used an eye brush to apply different shades of blue eye shadow on top of the supra colour, to add more definition and for the Supra colour to stay in place.
- I then drew little flower petals around the blue circles using an eyeliner pencil
- I used the same pencil to draw skeletal lines onto the lips and fancy patterns on the cheeks.
- I added a silver gem onto the centre of the forehead
- Next, I used my blending brush and orange eye shadow to shade round the edge of the forehead and chin. I felt that this really brought the look to life, and the orange worked well with the turquoise.
- I then mixed up some rice and liquid latex to apply onto certain areas of the face and neck also.
- I arranged the rice into flower shapes onto the temples and waited for it to dry, to then paint orange Supra colour over the top.
- I did the same process on the neck, but I scattered the rice all over the neck, not creating any particular shapes or patterns.

Hair:

- I began by separating the hair into three sections, using my pintail comb.
- I then separated the first section into two again, as I was going to do two cornrows in the hair, and the same on the other side of the head.
- The middle section of the hair I planned to create a little bit of height by twisting and curling the hair into one long barrel shape down the head, and securing with grips.
- I sectioned off the front to make a large vintage esc quiff and secured with grips and hairspray.
- To achieve the barrel shape down the head, I sectioned the hair into three equal parts and tied with small elastics. This allowed me to work with smaller sections so I can pay close attention the shape I am creating.
- With each section I did a barrel curl and secured with grips and spray.
- Lastly I wrapped the ends of the cornrows around the barrel curl and secured with hairgrips.

Things to improve on/disappointments

I was disappointed at how long it took me to create the look, I have never taken this long to produce a look before so I was annoyed with myself as to how long I was in the studio for and for keeping my model waiting.
Also, looking back, I would have used more rice and had it going down the sides of the neck and lower down the chest. I think this would have looked so much better.
Furthermore, I would have applied an orange eye shadow to the neck before adding the rice.

Things that went well/Positives

I was pleased with my final outcome, and thought that it reflected my specific style.
Also, I was really pleased with the hairstyle, and was very proud of it. Furthermore, I think that my look did reflect my story board and matched the ideas I had. I also thought that my choice in model was perfect, she knew exactly the look I wanted to achieve and had the most perfect cheekbones! Brilliant!




No comments:

Post a Comment