Beauty & Fashion Follower

Monday 14 January 2013

Catwalk Final Shoot

reflecting on my final catwalk look


On Friday 7th December, I completed my final look for my catwalk design. I felt confident and prepared for the shoot, I felt more ready for it than than the shoot I did last week. I had practiced my look on myself many times and moderated it each time until I was 100% satisfied. However, with regards to the tattoo on the chest, this was something that I knew I could not practice on myself all to well, as the design is for a male. I will post below a step by step guide and some images of the final look also!


I began by focusing on the make-up:

- Firstly I cleaned the face.
- Next I applied primer to the face and neck area.
- I colour matched my male model, and applied a small amount of foundation focusing mainly on the cheek/nose area (as this is the skin that would be on show.)
- Using masking tape as a guide I placed a strip of it across the forehead of where I would want my straight red line to be.
- Using a foundation brush and red supra colour, I shaded in the area into a rectangular shape.
- After this I did the same technique with a small brush and black supra colour right underneath the red rectangle. The black line should be around 1cm wide and the same length as the red rectangle.
- I then brought the black line half way down the nose (in the same thickness) and beginning underneath the lower lip

- I then used a mascara wand and yellow supra colour and coated the bottom and top lashes.
- Next using my angled edge brush and white supra colour, I drew on three very thin white lines horizontally underneath the black line.
- On the other side of the nose I did the same but with dots. I think that this worked really well. 
- After I finished applying the supra colours, I went over it all using the correct colour eye shadow, so that the colours would set and it would have a matte finish.

Tattoo:
- I produced this tattoo using, liquid latex, split peas and white and black supra colours.
- i firstly sketched out the design using an eyeliner and made sure i was clean and precise. 
- After this I mixed up some liquid latex in a bowl and using tweezers I applied the split peas to the chest in the pattern that I wanted. (scattered from left to right on the chest area)
- I then filled in all the black areas using a foundation brush and black supra colour, making sure that I painted over the split peas.
- Next using a small thin brush I applied the white supra colours in the areas that I needed, making sure to go over the split peas and covering them too.
- using a big powder I brush I dusted a layer of powder of the supra colours so that it would stay in place and look matte.

Hair:
- I planned for this look to have a headdress and for it to be on a male model, so there was not a lot I could have done with the hair. I pulled all the hair back using wax, so that it would act as a good surface for the headdress to sit on and not interfere with it. 
- I took images without the headdress on too, just so you could see what the hair styling was like with out the headdress. 

Things to improve on/disappointments:

I would improve on my time keeping, although I produced the look a lot quicker than the one I did the previous week, I still felt that it shouldn't have taken me as long as it did.

Things that went well/Positives

I was pleased with my final outcome, and thought that it reflected my specific catwalk style. I was pleased with my final images and thought that he looked great on camera. The tattoo on the chest really completed the look for me, and I am so pleased i chose to do one of my looks on a male.
 Furthermore, I think that my look did reflect my story board and matched the ideas I had. I also thought that my choice in model was good, he knew the look I wanted to achieve and gave me the looks that I wanted! Good day overall. 


a close up of the tattoo design and split peas.



No comments:

Post a Comment