Beauty & Fashion Follower

Monday 14 January 2013

Editorial practice shoots

These are just a few images from some of the practice shoots I did. I know they are in the wrong order chronologically, but I wanted to include them.



for this look I tried it without the little flower petals round the eyes. I think even though there are colours used, it appears very skeletal. But with this look, I feel that something is missing, it may be the face that I haven't done anything with the hair. But I do like the large pink heart in the middle of the forehead.



With this look, I tried to play around with more of my supra colours, and practice different shapes and patterns as this is something that the Mexican holiday was heavily focused on, and I wanted to reflect that in my final look. There are no swirls in this look on the cheeks or foreheads, to me it seems more 'Azteccy' and even though it is tribal, it was not one of the tribes I wanted to focus on for this specific look.



Finally I came up with this look, I am most pleased with this look, I changed the shape of the nose and eyes. I decided to not blacken the eye sockets but to use a metallic turquoise colour instead. Which i think works really well. I kept the same colour theme throughout as well  using this same colour on the cheek 'swirls' and on the chin flower as well. I added the little flower petals around the eyes, which I think makes the look more feminine. I would develop this look even more by using little gems on the face. During my research I came across the spiderweb, and I thought I would try it and see how it looks, in the end I decided not to keep it and in it's place i added a flower and orange shading just to brighten up the look. With regards to the hair, during my research I noticed quite period hairstyles were being associated with the day of the dead and so i tried my hand at one to see how it looked!


No comments:

Post a Comment