Beauty & Fashion Follower

Monday 14 January 2013

Catwalk practice look

Practice look for my catwalk shoot


I had a really clear image in my head for my catwalk look, but I still tried to play around and see how I could make it better. Again, I know this is in the wrong order, but still you can see the development process.



With this look, I used more colours that in my final piece. I used red, white, black and yellow. I do however like the white stripe across the nose, but after developing my look further I think that just the black and red work better. It appears more stronger and the single black line across the face is really striking particularly on my male model. I experimented with different tribal patterns on the neck and chest area, as this was something I really wanted to do ( a tattoo on this part of the body) The black and yellow across the shoulders looks good, I just did not like the red flicks. To me I wanted to create something bolder, which is when I developed these face charts below!!



I like this design i like all the colours used and the different shapes and textures. I particularly like the solid black line down the centre of the face. This is something the later draw inspiration from for my final look. 


This was the tattoo design I had for my model. I developed this by making it much more simpler, therefore it is less time consuming and will fir the 'catwalk' brief a lot better. I chose to just use black and white to keep it clean and simple. I also think it will look a lot stronger with just two colours.



I played around using rectangular shapes in this look, but it is not what I had in mind for my catwalk look. I drew inspiration from some of the images I had posted previously, but this was not the look I wanted to create.


With this one, I tried drawing out a tattoo on the face, but after developing my ideas, I realized that I wanted to do a similar tattoo design on the chest area, and so thought that it was best for me to keep the make up on the face simple and with a splash of colour.


I do like this design i have drawn out, but I feel that by having a large tattoo on the chest the make-up on the face can't be too wild and distracting, as there will be far too much going on.




I am a real fan of this face chart, it appears to be striking and reflects my brief well, but having thought about the headdress an how far down the face it would come, there would be no point in having makeup from the eyes upwards. what's great about this design in the curved shape across the forehead, but this will be where the headdress will sit, so adapted it to make my final face chart, still taking some of the elements from this one and the ones above. 









No comments:

Post a Comment