Beauty & Fashion Follower

Monday 5 November 2012

Editorial Hair Mood Board

Ideas for the hair styling



I put together a  mood board for all the different hairstyles I was looking into for the catwalk look, 'Day of The Dead'. As it is an editorial look, the hair can afford to be more extravagant, crazy and more time consuming. The style doesn't necessarily have to be quick and easy to produce and it is just for one image and not going down the catwalk. So here's what I have put together!




















 I would like my model to have brown hair, as i think against a pale white painted face, the make up will really stand out. This moodboard is not necessarily what I am going to create, but its just some ideas to get me thinking!! Ideally, I would like my model to have a big quiff and the rest of the hair some how swept back into an Up-Do. I have thought about including flowers in the hair, but I will see how the hairstyle goes on the day.

2 comments:

  1. LOVING this. The makeup on the models is genius. I'm intrigued to see the result! Why do you think brunette will work better? I like the contrast with dark, moody makeup and the harshly bright, almost offensive blonde. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. well beadyeyes wouldn't you like to know! brunette>blonde. your knowledge on this is somewhat interesting...

    ReplyDelete