Beauty & Fashion Follower

Sunday 28 October 2012

British Museum

A collection of images from the museum


On Wednesday me and my course went to London for the day, we visited Somerset House and the British Museum as well as being treated to 25% off at Illamasqua!

The British museum was very beneficial as I collated many images from the 'Africa' and cultures exhibitions. I was excited to read about the 'Day of the Dead' as I am basing my Editorial look on this. I also gathered many other images as they all inspire and interest me in different ways.
This is fabulous book I found in the Gift Shop at Somerset house. It was filled with the most exciting and decorative images. I managed to sneakily take a few photos!

Day of The Dead Exhibition
I found these images and stories so fascinating and interesting and gave me a better insight into 'the living dead'. The colourful model in the right of this picture is known as 'the tree of death'. Everything is so colourful and decorative. There is such fine and close attention to detail which is what I will try and achieve with my look.
Tree of Death
When looking around the British Museum, I noticed that hanging from the ceiling were 'day of the dead' related skeletons and creatures. I really liked the use of colour and texture and I feel that the images are very exciting and lively. 
 Native American Influences 
It is really interesting to see all the different tones and shades used, they are all very similar. There are a lot of browns, beige's  creams and oranges and this will be the colour palette I will be working from when constructing my face charts and styling looks. Also the different patterns and textures are interesting to see too. There is a lot of fringing which I rather like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment