Beauty & Fashion Follower

Sunday 14 October 2012

Tattoo Bible

Tattoo bile, Birgit Krols



I stumbled upon this book in Waterstones the other day, and  after my lecture on 'Tattooing' I thought it seemed relevant. It is filled with the most fantastically weird and wonderful tattoos! 
I love the simplicity of this look. There isn't too much going on, and this is the idea I would like to get across when designing my Catwalk inspired look. 
Almost every little bit of skin is covered with a tattoo! A lot of tribes tended to ink their entire bodies, even their faces. 
 Images taken from the 'Tattoo Bible'
by Birgit Krols

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily, I like the general approach you are taking, however you need to have many more visual references to tribal influences. What I am seeing here are images that reflect tribalism, but are not of tribes. They are images that are inspired by tribes, which is not the point of this project. I want you to find original tribal references and create your own designs.

    If you are unsure what to look at, start with Maori - possibly the most decorative form of tribal tattoos out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i have looked at a few tribes such as masai and mursi. but i will into the maori tribe too!

      Delete