Beauty & Fashion Follower

Thursday 18 October 2012

Day Of The Dead

The mexican holiday


Day of The Dead is a Mexican holiday celebrated throughout Mexico and around the world in other cultures.The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members.After all, the celebration traditionally starts at midnight the night of Halloween, and the festivities are abundant in images related to death. The customs have different origins and their attitudes towards death are different: In the typical Halloween festivities, death is something to be feared. But in el dia los muertos, death is something to be celebrated!

I am really captivated by this holiday, the body painting is amazing and so inspiring, I would definitely have to try my hand at body painting and see what I can come up with. The bright colours, textures and patterns are all fab and something I would like to try for my editorial look.
I absolutely love this image of the painted skulls! The detailing is so fine and careful. Also the use of colour really brings the skulls to life! It is interesting to see skulls decorated in this way. I think the Mexican holiday would definitely be a look I would develop further and consider doing something like this for my editorial look!
The head gear here is so full on and big. The giant flowers look like they can easily be attached to the hair, which is ideal for the catwalk look, as things need to be quick and simple to apply as if the model were to walk down the catwalk.

Day of The Dead Fashion Photography


I absolutely love the hair in this image. The giant sweeping updo shows off the make-up design and doesn't interfere with her face. The little plaits are a fine detail that I just love.
 The use of colour in this image is amazing. The blends of purples and blacks keep the image spooky, whilst the oranges and reds add depth and life into the face. When I look at this image I am automatically drawn to her eyes.
 This model is wearing giant flowers in her hair similar to the image above. This is something very common for the mexicans to decorate themselves and others in.
The clothing here is interesting, there is so much to consider when planning the outfit for my model to wear. The texture, the fabric, the design, the colour, accessories! It looks like the model here has a separate piece of fabric wrapped across her. The paisley and flower prints are very popular in this holiday. I will need to start to think about the clothing in the development stage.

Development:

I began to draw over some magazine images, just to get an idea of some looks and experiment with different colours.

To create this look on a model, I would use thin, fine brushes and supra colours. I would use eyeliners to draw straight onto the skin to use as a guide.
To create this look on a model I would supra colours, eyeliners and fine brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment